- About LMI
- Seminars and Workshops
- Legacy Media and the BFI to offer fourth London Workshop in September 2016
- 2014 LMI-BFI Workshop Project to Premiere 15 March at BFI-Southbank
- LMI Heads to London for 3rd Workshop with the BFI
- “Hear My Son” – LMI-BFI London 2013 Workshop Project
- Legacy Media Institute Launches Second Black British Filmmaker Workshop
- 2011 Workshop Successfully Completed
- 2010 Summer Project Receives Award at Virginia Film Festival!
- 2010 Summer Workshop Project to screen at the VA Film Festival
- 2010 Workshop Successfully Completed
- 2010 Summer Workshop Scheduled
- International Film Festival
- Special Events
- 2017 Spring Fashion Showcase
- 2016 Spring Fashion Showcase
- Other Recent Events
- Tim Reid Productions brings Nikki Giovanni to New Millennium to benefit LMI
- Tim Reid and New Millennium Studios Present “Easter Dinner” to benefit LMI
- Gospel Showcase at New Millennium Studios
- Petersburg Screening of Troop 491 at New Millennium Studios
- Announcing Tim Reid’s Movie Night Series
- Special Showing of “Once Upon a Time… When We Were Colored”
- Summer Project Receives Award at Virginia Film Festival!
- Support and Donate
- Contact Us
There is a wealth of information coming out every day in the media creation field that is interesting, informative, and that can improve the way we work. After trying to keep track of these different snippets through emails to myself with their links, or bookmarking them in my browser, Flipboard app’s Personal Magazine feature (currently available for Apple and Android devices) gave us a chance to create our own archive of articles, updates, and blogs. That would help us both keep them archived for future use and reference, and would also be a resource for emerging film students attending our Legacy Media Institute (legacymediainstitute.org) Workshops.
Our Magazine, “Independent Filmmaking” only available through the Flipboard app, has since become one of the leading magazines there on the topic of Filmmaking. In fact, because of the rapid growth of articles and subscriptions to “Independent Filmmaking,” Flipboard has elevated it from a Personal Magazine to one of Flipboard’s Featured Magazines.
In the archives we include everything we find of interest from across the web in all facets of the filmmaking process from scriptwriting through production to post-production and distribution of independent films. We try to stay away from stories about the “usual suspects”/latest Hollywood releases, unless there is something applicable for the smaller independent filmmaker.
We currently have over 600 archived articles, with a rapidly expanding roster of independent filmmaker subscribers, and both are growing each day.
To access the magazine, open up the Flipboard app on your Apple or Android device (it works much better on tablets, but articles do show up on phones), search for “Filmmaking” in the search box, and click on “Independent Filmmaking.”
Upcoming LMI Events
New Flipboard Magazine from LMITo access the magazine, open up the Flipboard app on your Apple or Android device (it works much better on tablets, but articles do show up on phones), search for "Filmmaking" in the search box, and click on "Filmmaking." Or, if you are usind the Google Chrome browser you can click on the Flipboard image to the left, or HERE to see the magazine on your desktop or laptop computer.
Mission of LMI
Legacy Media Institute is a non-profit 501(C)(3) organization dedicated to bringing together leading professionals in the film and television industry, outstanding actors, and young men and women who wish to pursue a career in the entertainment media. By means of its programs, the Institute seeks to promote excellence and accountability throughout the process of creating media that reflects a diverse global society.
Sign up for periodic updates about LMI