- About LMI
- Seminars and Workshops
- Legacy Media and the BFI to offer fourth London Workshop in September 2016
- 2014 LMI-BFI Workshop Project to Premiere 15 March at BFI-Southbank
- LMI Heads to London for 3rd Workshop with the BFI
- “Hear My Son” – LMI-BFI London 2013 Workshop Project
- Legacy Media Institute Launches Second Black British Filmmaker Workshop
- 2011 Workshop Successfully Completed
- 2010 Summer Project Receives Award at Virginia Film Festival!
- 2010 Summer Workshop Project to screen at the VA Film Festival
- 2010 Workshop Successfully Completed
- 2010 Summer Workshop Scheduled
- International Film Festival
- Special Events
- 2017 Spring Fashion Showcase
- 2016 Spring Fashion Showcase
- Other Recent Events
- Tim Reid Productions brings Nikki Giovanni to New Millennium to benefit LMI
- Tim Reid and New Millennium Studios Present “Easter Dinner” to benefit LMI
- Gospel Showcase at New Millennium Studios
- Petersburg Screening of Troop 491 at New Millennium Studios
- Announcing Tim Reid’s Movie Night Series
- Special Showing of “Once Upon a Time… When We Were Colored”
- Summer Project Receives Award at Virginia Film Festival!
- Support and Donate
- Contact Us
On September 2, 2010, we were treated to a special concert by our good friends, The Mendes Brothers from Cape Verde. The concert featured songs in honor of the 55oth anniversary of their home nation of Cape Verde. The Virginia Museum of Fine Arts was gracious in hosting us for this event.
Here is a short clip from the concert. We will shortly have a DVD of the entire concert available for sale to benefit the Legacy Media Institute:
Please also enjoy this recent interview with the Mendes Brothers on CNN International.
On July 23, 2010 we held a “Frank’s Place” Mini-Festival to benefit the Legacy Media Institute. This event was part of a series sponsored by the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts.
On April 22, 2010 we held a special fundraiser with one of our long-time friends, in the first of our “AN EVENING WITH” series with Phylicia Rashad. This event, held at the Byrd Theatre in the Carytown section of Richmond, allowed the audience to talk with Phylicia, as well as hear some of the behind-the scenes stories of her life.
Upcoming LMI Events
New Flipboard Magazine from LMITo access the magazine, open up the Flipboard app on your Apple or Android device (it works much better on tablets, but articles do show up on phones), search for "Filmmaking" in the search box, and click on "Filmmaking." Or, if you are usind the Google Chrome browser you can click on the Flipboard image to the left, or HERE to see the magazine on your desktop or laptop computer.
Mission of LMI
Legacy Media Institute is a non-profit 501(C)(3) organization dedicated to bringing together leading professionals in the film and television industry, outstanding actors, and young men and women who wish to pursue a career in the entertainment media. By means of its programs, the Institute seeks to promote excellence and accountability throughout the process of creating media that reflects a diverse global society.
Sign up for periodic updates about LMI