- About LMI
- Seminars and Workshops
- Legacy Media and the BFI to offer fourth London Workshop in September 2016
- 2014 LMI-BFI Workshop Project to Premiere 15 March at BFI-Southbank
- LMI Heads to London for 3rd Workshop with the BFI
- “Hear My Son” – LMI-BFI London 2013 Workshop Project
- Legacy Media Institute Launches Second Black British Filmmaker Workshop
- 2011 Workshop Successfully Completed
- 2010 Summer Project Receives Award at Virginia Film Festival!
- 2010 Summer Workshop Project to screen at the VA Film Festival
- 2010 Workshop Successfully Completed
- 2010 Summer Workshop Scheduled
- International Film Festival
- Special Events
- 2017 Spring Fashion Showcase
- 2016 Spring Fashion Showcase
- Other Recent Events
- Tim Reid Productions brings Nikki Giovanni to New Millennium to benefit LMI
- Tim Reid and New Millennium Studios Present “Easter Dinner” to benefit LMI
- Gospel Showcase at New Millennium Studios
- Petersburg Screening of Troop 491 at New Millennium Studios
- Announcing Tim Reid’s Movie Night Series
- Special Showing of “Once Upon a Time… When We Were Colored”
- Summer Project Receives Award at Virginia Film Festival!
- Support and Donate
- Contact Us
The second joint Legacy Media Institute – British Film Institute Workshop was a tremendous success for all participants!
We want to especially thank the Virginia Tourism Corporation and the Virginia Film Office for their generous support for our workshop. Because of their support we were able to bring four students from the US to London for the session. Once again we were motivated by the effort and the enthusiasm the British filmmakers put into completing the project, Hear My Son.
Upcoming LMI Events
New Flipboard Magazine from LMITo access the magazine, open up the Flipboard app on your Apple or Android device (it works much better on tablets, but articles do show up on phones), search for "Filmmaking" in the search box, and click on "Filmmaking." Or, if you are usind the Google Chrome browser you can click on the Flipboard image to the left, or HERE to see the magazine on your desktop or laptop computer.
Mission of LMI
Legacy Media Institute is a non-profit 501(C)(3) organization dedicated to bringing together leading professionals in the film and television industry, outstanding actors, and young men and women who wish to pursue a career in the entertainment media. By means of its programs, the Institute seeks to promote excellence and accountability throughout the process of creating media that reflects a diverse global society.
Sign up for periodic updates about LMI